Looking 2-3 years back, customers will need months to build interactive applications with video workflows for content consumption, processing, and distribution, and then they still need to configure the transcoder for adaptive bitrate (ABR) to support multiple device types, selecting the appropriate streaming protocol, setting up a content delivery network (CDN), and integrating a video player. Even after all of this work, live streaming interactive content requires low latency for a good user experience.
The rise of digital platforms lead to a disruption including media services. Currently, the market requires live streaming services while they learn, shopping, playing games, and many other activities. Not only live stream, but also a requirement to interact during the activities. These requirements pivot the traditional stream into an interactive video stream.
What is Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS)?
Its purpose is to easily allow our customers to add live video streaming capability to their web sites or mobile apps via a publicly available self-serve pay-as-you-go AWS service. It is a cost-effective solution that allows you to deliver high-quality live streams at scale, without having to manage any infrastructure.
Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS) allows you to:
Fully managed video service including ingest, transcode and delivery, right through to the player
- Low latency video, typically between 2-5 seconds
- Use special CDN for video delivery to speed up the delivery of your video
- Integrated with chat engine to help you interact with your streamers
IVS is built on top of Amazon Web Services (AWS), which means that it provides a high level of reliability, scalability, and security. It leverages the AWS global network of data centers to deliver low-latency and high-quality video streams to viewers around the world.
Amazon IVS lets you focus on building your own interactive applications and audience experiences. With Amazon IVS, you don't have to manage infrastructure or develop and configure components of your video workflow, so it's not only secure, reliable, but also cost-effective.
What is Ultra Low Latency Video?
Amazon Interactive Video Service is designed for ultra-low latency video “out of the box”. The latency between receiving video to playback of the live streaming can be less than three seconds. Latency times can vary depending on the settings of the encoder sending to Amazon IVS, and the network conditions, platform and device, and location of the viewer. You must use the Amazon IVS player SDK to get the best low latency performance across different platforms and devices
What are the Benefits of Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS)?
Using Amazon Interactive Service (IVS) is very easy, by using it you will get several benefits. The following are the advantages you get if you use Amazon Interactive Service (IVS) :
- Customized : Own the experience, collect data to understand customers and personalize your brand.
- Scalability : Support thousands of live-streams and millions of viewers globally. IVS can automatically scale to handle any number of viewers, so you don’t have to worry about capacity planning or managing servers.
- Reach : Empower creators to evangelize products, attracting new audiences and segments.
- Interactivity : Increase engagement and social participation with Timed Metadata. You could create interaction through chat, polls and Q&A.
- Customization : IVS provides a set of SDKs and APIs that allow you to customize your live streaming channels and video players to match your brand and user experience.
- Community : Strengthen relationship with customers on your owned & operated products.
Amazon Interactive Video Service (Amazon IVS) is a managed live streaming solution that is fast and easy to set up, and ideal for creating interactive video experiences. Amazon IVS ingests the video, then automatically transcodes and optimizes it, making live video streams available within seconds across the global infrastructure that AWS manages using the same video technology for live streaming services. Amazon IVS lets you focus on building your own interactive applications and audience experiences. With Amazon IVS, you don’t have to manage infrastructure or develop and configure components of your video workflow, so it’s secure, reliable, and cost-effective.
If you wish to know more about Amazon Interactive Video Service (Amazon IVS), please contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org